The basic law of the government of the City of Los Angeles is found in the City Charter, first adopted by a vote of the people in 1924, effective July 1, 1925, and subsequently amended from time to time. A new City Charter was affirmed effective July 2000.
- City Charter
- Administrative Code
- Municipal Code
- Election Code (link to PDF)
- Rules of the Los Angeles City Council (link to PDF)
- L.A. City Clerk's Council File Management System
Searchable database of motions, resolutions, reports and ordinances
- L.A. City Clerk's Contract Search System
Searchable database of contracts by number or keyword
- Los Angeles: Structure of a City Government (link to PDF)
-Written by Raphael J. Sonenshein, Ph.D.